The Institute of Mathematics has 18 research staff specializing in the most important areas of mathematics. Recent research projects cover the following areas:
- Applied Mathematics and Analysis: Non-linear partial differential equations, kinetic theory, geometric analysis, dynamical systems.
- Geometry and Mathematical physics: Complex geometry, knot theory, integrable systems.
- Combinatorical Mathematics and Applications: Graph theory, combinatorial model theory, finite group theory and applications.
- Probability Theory and Applications: Stochastic analysis, financial mathematics.
- Number Theory and Algebra: Arithmetic geometry, diophantine problem, commutative algebra, representation theory.
- Computing Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics
- Combinatorial Mathematics
- Probability Theory