[This program is provide for local students.]
Our institute provides 1-year traineeship for youth individuals who aim to pursue their interests in mathematics.
Graduates or those will graduate within 1 year (undergraduate/postgraduate) who major in mathematics or related fields.
II. Required Documents for Application
For those applicants who are qualified and aim to conduct research works, please have all the following documents ready:
1. A transcript of undergraduate study (and postgraduate study).
2. At least two letters of recommendation, which needs to be sealed and stamped, registered sent with other application documents.
3. Resume (E-mail, phone number, postal address, passport-size photo).
Applicants who are still in the military service must state clearly the finish date of the service.
4. Research status and a detail research plan
5. A certificate of foreign language abilities (such as TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/sGRE/GMAT) will be a good additional reference.
Please send the documents to our institute by registered mail no later than 10 April, 2023.
(To Institute of Mathematics, Academia Sinica)
You need to write "Application for 1-Year Research Trainee Program" on the envelope.
We won't inform you if your document set is not completed.
Candidates with qualified documents will receive interview notice.
Duration: 1 year; 1st July, 2023 - 30th June, 2024.
The starting date for those finishing their military service after July 2023 could be rearranged.
Each candidate who passes the program will receive a certificate from the Institute of Mathematics, Academia Sinica.
The stipend is based on the remuneration standard of Academia Sinica.
Address: 6th Floor, Astronomy-Mathematics Building,
No.1, Section 4, Roosevelt Road, Da-an District, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
Telephone: (02)2368-5999 ext. 336 (Ms. Andrea Wang)
AS Math Website: http://www.math.sinica.edu.tw